Tuesday 9 August 2016

ARSHI FF: Na Bole Tum, Na Maine Kuch Kaha...

CHAPTER 02: Baat Humari Pakki Hai...








































AR OFFICE






Arnav (On Call): “Yes Dadi?”





Dadi: “Arnav Beta! They said yes! Such a good family and such a nice girl! We have given the shagun and also your photo. She is a very traditional, well mannered girl. She will be perfect for you! You saw the photo na? I hope you don’t object?”





Arnav: “Dadi, I will speak only of you give me a chance, na?” He laughed.





Dadi: “Haa Beta, Bolo” She also laughed




Arnav: “I told you before. Your choice is my choice. I have no objections” He tried to sound normal but only he knew how he was controlling his heart from jumping out. 




Dadi: “Good! Anyways, I’ll hang up now. We are on our way home”





Arnav: “Teek Hai Dadi. Take Care” With that he cut the call.








After cutting the call, a small smile crept upon his face which he couldn’t control. No matter how much he convinced Dadi, only he knew how much he wanted that ‘Yes’






Those eyes... Her eyes... Oh how he wanted to own them eyes. Oh how they made him feel so special...






Arnav: “What am I thinking? Oh no! Off track again” With that he continued his work but still in her thoughts...










............................











GUPTA HAVELI (GH) 






Suraj (On Call): “Devyaniji? Namaste, How are you?”





Dadi: “I’m very well, thank you. We only just left your house and you have ringed? So eager huh?” She laughed





Suraj: “Of course, after all we are going to be relatives now...” He also laughed





Dadi: “That means Khushi Betiya agreed?”





Suraj: “Bilkul!”





Dadi: “Amazing News!”





Suraj: “Hai na? I was wondering if you could send me Arnav’s number. I mean Khushi should get to know him better before the marriage.”





Dadi: “I totally agree. I will send you the number and you please also send me Khushi Betiya’s number. I will give it to Arnav Beta.”






Suraj: “Teek Hai. I will cut off now...”





Dadi: Namaste.”





Dadi (to Maya): “Call the priest to our house! The alliance is fixed! I want the nearest date possible...” She said in joy. 










...................












KHUSHI’S ROOM






Khushi was sat on her bed staring at Arnav’s picture. She was lost in his eyes. Lost? Hmmm...Maybe not the right word to use. It was as if her heart was showing the direction in his eyes. They were hypnotizing her while her mind was wandering elsewhere. 





Khushi (To Herself): “I agreed, but what do I do? Why is everything so complicated? Why did he not come? I mean what if this marriage is forced, what if he already has a girlfriend? ... NO NO I trust papa. Devi Maiyya. What shall I do? My mind needs peace. Show me the way Devi Maiyya. Show me the way...”






She was in a serious confusion. On one hand her heart feels a special connection with him, as if they were meant to be. She feels as if his eyes were meant for her. She feels like he wants her just as much as she wants him. But then her mind interrupts stating that, if this was the case; why did he not come? Why has he made no effort to see her or speak to her? Why? She continues complaining to his picture as if he would pop out of it and give her the answers. If only...










.....................











RAIZADA MANSION






Dadi (To Panditji): “So, I need the earliest date. I don’t want to delay such an auspicious day.”






Panditji: “I have matched the horoscopes and the nearest marriage date is 14 days. There is no other auspicious date after that for a whole year.”






Dadiji: “Kyaa? A whole year or 14 days? This is bad. I have no problem with 14 days, but what about the girl’s family? I’ll have to speak to them first.”






Dadi (On Call): “Namaste is this Garimaji?”






Garima: “Ji Namaste...”






Dadi: “I have spoke to the Panditji and the nearest wedding date is 14 days or else there is no auspicious date for the next year! Kya Karu?”







Garima: “Hmmm...The preparation will be very difficult fit in 14 days and 1 year is too far. Oh no, what do we do?” She started to panic. 






Dadi: “I don’t want to lose this alliance Garimaji. We will have to sort something out.”








Garima: “But the preparations in 14 days? How?”






Dadi: “Well if we keep the wedding in Delhi, you can all come down and help with the preparations. That way there will be more people and the preparation will be done in time?”







Garima: “I agree. But where will we stay? I mean we don’t know Delhi very well and it’s too late for a booking?”






Dadi: “No, no. I will sort all of that out. Also, Arnav and Khushi will be able to meet and get to know each other before the wedding, na?”






Garima: “Hmmm...Yeah that sounds like good. But can I speak to my family first? It will also give you a chance to speak to everyone.”







Dadi: “Bilkul. I will wait for your call.”






Garima: “Namaste...” She cut the call when she was bombarded with questions by the family. 






Suraj: “Who was it?”






NK: “What happened?”






Khushi: “Mumma, tell us na!”







Garima: “I will if you let me, na?”






NK: “Sorry, tell us...”






Garima: “Devyaniji has spoken to the Pandit. The nearest auspicious date is 14 days.”







Khushi: “KYAAA? 14 DAYSS?!”






Garima: “Beta, there is no other date until next year.”






Khush: “But 14 days? I mean I haven’t even met my so called Fiancé!”






Suraj: “Garima. I agree with Khushi. It’s too early. There are so many preparations to make and so little time.”






Garima: “Ji, I said the same thing. But the Raizada family have suggested that the wedding can be held in Delhi, so we could go down there and help with the preparations. Under this pretext; Khushi can get to know Arnav better...”







Suraj: “Oh. That is fine then. I mean it is possible. We can handle it so I have no objections.”






Khushi: “But papa. What if in these 14 days I don’t like Arnav?”






NK: “There’s no question about that little one. I mean; I have met Arnav in a business seminar and he is decent. Believe me. There is nothing about him that you won’t like...”






Garima: “It’s up to you Beta. They are waiting for a confirmation.”






Khushi: “Teek Hai. If you all think that is best, I agree...” She said after a lot of thought.





Garima: “GREAT! I will inform Devyaniji now.”





Suraj: “And I will distribute sweets.” He was truly happy.









There it was decided. The Gupta’s would arrive in Delhi after 4 days with their relatives and friends and Dadi would sort out their stay. It seemed like a perfect plan, but Khushi was the only one who was anxious about the upcoming future...





10 comments:

  1. Loved the update, eagerly waiting for next update.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amazing update
    Waiting to read more
    Update soo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awesome update.. I agree with khushi she doesn't know her fiancee very well also and hasn't seen him once... Waiting for next ..

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey Kavya, please update your story Gustakh Dil...

    ReplyDelete
  5. khushi is s insecure bcz f arnav's absence.i hope like they plan arshi can spend time 2gether n khushi becomes happy 2 marry arnav.waiting 4 their meeting

    ReplyDelete
  6. I too would be anxious 😦 if I have never met the guy and we getting married in 14 days 😂😂😂

    ReplyDelete