Tuesday 19 July 2016

ARSHI FF: Na Bole Tum, Na Maine Kuch Kaha...

PROLOGUE: 










Arnav Singh Raizada, as usual, dressed in his formal three piece suit was sat at his desk checking a file when he gets a call.







Dadi: “Arnav, where are you? I’ve been trying to ring you for ages. Okay, never mind that; come home soon”





Arnav: “Kyu Dadi? Baat Kya Hai?” (What Dadi? What happened?)





Dadi: “Remember I told you about that girl from Mumbai? Today we’re all going to see if she’s compatible for you. Jaldi, come home!”





Arnav: “Dadi, I agreed for this Arrange Marriage because I trust your choice. But I’m really busy today, and I won’t be able to come along. As it is I am not interested in this stuff”





Dadi: “But Arnav, what with the girl’s family think?”





Arnav: “Dadi please, tell them I got held up in a meeting”





Dadi: “But Arnav, it would be really good if you...”





Arnav: “Dadi, pleaseeee.”





Dadi: “Teek Hai Beta, but at least see her photo, and give your approval”





Arnav: “Dadi, I said I trust your choice”





Dadi: “I know, I know, but please, at least look at it once."





Arnav: “Fine, send it to the office”





Dadi: “Okay, I’ll cut off now, take care beta”










..............











MUMBAI – GUPTA MANSION






A girl dressed in a plain red sari with a simple border was sat in front of the mirror, talking to herself. She was wearing very simple jewellery and makeup as you know what they say – natural beauty is the best!







Khushi: “Hey Devi Maiyya, Raksha Karna! What do I say? How do I speak to them? Oh! How will the guy be? I haven’t even seen his photo! Oh ho, why today? I’m feeling so nervous!” She said to her reflection whilst fixing her hair, “What if they don’t like me, what if they think I’m too modern? What if they don’t let me carry on my education? Why arrange marriage, why?”





NK: “Chill sis, we’re all going to be there. You don’t have to be nervous. Don’t worry, I’ve checked the guy’s background – he’s no playboy” He laughed and hugged her. “What will I do when you’re gone, huh?” He pulled her cheeks. 





Khushi: “Bhai! You’re messing up my hair!”









...........................










DELHI – AR OFFICE






Aman: "Sir, this just came through for you” He said as he passed him an envelope.





Arnav: “What is it?” He asked blankly.





Aman: “It’s someone’s photograph, I haven’t really checked.”





Arnav: “Okay you may leave.”






Arnav’s thoughts: “Dadi bhi na!” He threw the envelope on his desk to which it flew open.









Arnav felt a pull towards the photo, so he picked it up and to say he was mesmerised was an understatement! He had never felt such a strong feeling towards a girl! And that too – a girl he’s never met...














*********












NOTE: Here is the prologue; in this story Arnav’s character is a combination of Salman Khan’s Prem in ‘Hum saath saath hai’ and Akshay Kumar’s Ram in the movie ‘Dhadkan’... I always wanted to see an Arnav who is very calm, obedient and patient. And Khushi’s character is very much like Sonali Bendre’s Preeti of ‘Hum saath saath hai’ movie... she is silent, calm and very obedient to elders type of girl with modern and traditional balance also has a crazy side which she shows only to very near and dear people. So yeah basically Arnav and Khushi are very different personalities then they were in the serial, I really hope you guys like it.

10 comments: