Thursday 23 June 2016

ARSHI FF: Meant to be...

CHAPTER 10: Zid (Stubborn)



































The music was way too loud at the party and Lavanya hated it, she didn't even want to come to the stupid party and she surely didn't want to leave deft. Her elder sister Anjali along with their friend-slash-colleague Payal and Mayuri had dolled her up and forced her to come at this party Payal’s some friend had thrown. Lavanya was wearing a red short dress, something she would never wear on her own and don't ever get her started on her hair which wear curled and makeup. Though she couldn't argue that the things that she wore tonight, she did look good. 

LAVANYA'S DRESS AND LOOK






There were people in the living room of whoever's house this was, dancing together. The kitchen was full of a group off jocks cheering a shaggy haired guy on to chug down his drink. Lavanya, Anjali, Mayuri and Payal stood as far away from the commotion against the wall. 




Lavanya yelled over to Anjali, Mayuri and Payal who stood next to her: "I'm gonna get some air!”




Anjali yelled over the music: "Sure thing! I'll be on the dance floor!" they gave Lavanya a smile then they danced off to the living room.







Outside it was cold, the slight breeze made Lavanya shiver and grab for her arms. There was a set of swings in the back yard that Lavanya didn't hesitate to sit on. She sat swaying back and forth on the swing wishing that she had worn a shirt with sleeves. 





"Want a jacket?" asked a husky voice, Lavanya turned around to see a stiletto of tall guy standing behind her leaning against a tree barely visible in the dark. Pushing himself from the tree as he stepped out of the shadows much to her surprise it was Arnav wearing blue jeans, green T‐shirt, and black jacket. He smiled when Lavanya didn't answering. 
ARNAV'S OUTFIT AND LOOK







He said as he took off the black jacket: "Here, you look like you could use it..." and handed it to her. 





Lavanya smiled back at him and put it on, she wasn't keen on taking favors from anyone but it was way too cold to refuse. It was way too big for her but still felt so good, the fabric was soft and smelt like something she didn't know. It was sweet, but had a sting and all she knew was that it smelt like heaven.






She asked him curiously: “You here..? And why didn’t I see you earlier..?”





He walked towards her as he replied smiling softly: “The person who is giving this party is also my friend like Payal’s. And you may not have noticed me earlier but I had seen you the minute you entered this party along with girls...”






Arnav sat down on the second swing and began to sway back and forth. His head hung down and his dark wavy hair hung down over his eyes. If she had taken a picture of him at the moment it would be model material. 






He said still looking down at the ground: "Sorry if I'm bothering you, I just had to get out of there after you to make sure you’re okay."





She replied: "No it's fine! No one is charging you if you came after your girlfriend to make sure if she is alright. And you know that I’m not much of a party person either.” 





He said as he laughed at his own joke: "Well it's not much of a party." 





Lavanya asked laughing along: "Yeah tell me about it... By the way you’re sure that no one would come here looking for you and see us together?” getting little conscious as she glanced back at the house. 





Arnav replied with a chuckle which clearly seemed force: “No one is coming here...” and then he got little serious asked, “Are you still angry with me regarding Mayuri..?” referring to the fight they had again this morning again like they were having for past two weeks over the same topic.





She looked thoughtful for a minute or two and answered: “No I’m not anymore...I guess I overreacted...” averting her eyes from him with that.





He still being in serious mode asked again: “It’s nearly 07 months we’re dating Lavanya, don’t you think we should tell everyone...I mean how long are we playing this hide and seek?”





Lavanya looked at him kind of shocked: "I thought you said you agreed with keeping it a secret about our dating as long as I want?"





Arnav signed saying: "I know I did... I just...it's kind of complicated." he was looking off into the distance.





Lavanya tried to find what he was looking at but couldn't see anything but darkness. She felt sort of agitated as she said: "How is it complicated...you either agree or you don't!" There she went again, pushing people.









She just couldn't help but to argue, to debate! It was the very reason that she didn’t have many friends or was she a very social person like her Di, no one else could stand her for too long period. Though he didn't seem annoyed by her comment, he seemed bewildered though he didn't say anything. For the first time this evening he looked her in the eyes, and she couldn't help but to gaze right back into his. Lavanya always felt surprised that how much grey his eyes are. And not the loose gray mixed with green or hazel that seemed to be in most eyes, but the silvery grey that made you question the reality of what you’re looking at, because nothing that perfect could be of existence. Also Lavanya had never seen a guy with silver and such expressive eyes. He was rare and she liked rare.









She asked: "What?" feeling a little insecure about his stare. He narrowed his eyes, and Lavanya felt her mood drop a little because she couldn't see as much of his eyes anymore.





Arnav answered still looking at her: "It's just that, no one has ever really talked to me like you are." 





Lavanya back answered: "Well no one has ever really talked to me. Period." and as soon as she did, she regretted it. 





But felt relief when a smile appeared on his face and she heard the now familiar chuckle of his as he asked:"I don't see why?" 





Lavanya replied: "Let's just say normally I'm not exactly Ms. Popular." 





Arnav getting in his usual playful mood said: "You sure look like you could be. I mean this in every good way, you're kind of hot!"





Lavanya laughed: "No, I'm not!" 





Shaking his head he said: "Okay you're not hot... You're beautiful." 





She opened her mouth to retaliate but was suddenly stopped by the feeling of something warm touching her hand. He continued: "And don't try to fight me on it." 





This was crazy, how every time her heart jumps whenever she was holding his hand: "You know normally, I wouldn't even get this close to a guy I did know in public, let alone in private."





Arnav smirked commenting: “Being your boyfriend I guess I do have this much liberty and it seems like you are doing a lot of things you don't normally do..." 





Lavanya replied: "That's because normally I'm a straight line."






He looked at her in confusion: "A straight line?"






She explained carefully: "Yeah, you know... I do what I'm supposed to....I don't break any rules." 






He questioned back: "Why not?"






Lavanya looked at him saying the obvious: "Because it's what I supposed to do. It's just who I am. And right now I am being the furthest thing from who I am!"






Arnav said off-handed: "So what?! Maybe that's a good thing. Like you said, normally people wouldn't talk to you. Well I'm loving this conversation I'm having with you right now... in fact I love every conversation with you and other things about you which is why I’m dating you, don’t you think that. Maybe it's because I'm dating to ‘the-rule-breaking-you’ as you put it, not the normal you." Lavanya stayed silent still thinking about what he had said and he continued looking at her, “Look here's my mission for you, break more rules. Live a little." 






Lavanya looked him in the eyes again: "I will, if you will." 






Arnav said with a smile: "That's a deal I will make."






They stayed like that for what seemed like the longest time and said breaking the staring session: "You know you have really pretty eyes." as her blood rushed to her cheeks. When he didn't say anything back she started to worry that she was being a creep exclaimed, “Sorry?! I didn't mean that! Gosh I'm a creep!" 






Arnav laughed: "No, it's not that! Not at all! You're just so...different." he managed to get out, "I've never met anyone like you." There was silence again for few minutes and then said, "I'm going to do something." as he moved closer to Lavanya, who in reply sucked in her breath. 






She asked: "What are you going to do?" as she searched for any sign of oxygen. 






He was so close that she could feel his breath prickle her skin said: "I'm going to kiss you." his hands made their way to the sides of her face. 






Lavanya spoke protesting by somehow gathering her scattered wits barely: "But I didn’t kiss anyone ever and I don't kiss guys like that even if I’m dating him!" 






Their lips were inches apart, Arnav smirked stating: "I thought you we were breaking our normal rules?" 









And with that his lips were on hers before she could argue. It was everything she could imagine and more. His lips were icy but felt fresh on hers which were warm from the rush of blood. His hands made their way down to her neck, as he started to rise from the swing, trying to get closer to her. All too soon it was over and he was the one to break the kiss, but he kept his grasp on her attention. He looked her deep in the eyes and thought to himself on how he definitely picked the right time to go for a walk. 








Lavanya smiled up at him, half of her stuck on the fact that she just had her first kiss and that too in open at some random party while the other half stuck on the fact that she liked it. When she finally caught her breath and broke the silence: "What now?" she asked. 






Arnav smirked at her handsomely says: "Now, you leave this party with this memory. And next time you feel like you're a 'Straight line', you can think back to this moment when you curved and broke a rule."








----FLASHBACK ENDS----












Lavanya jerked out of her memory lane when she felt someone patting her shoulder and looked up to see her Di looking down at her with sleepy concerned eyes. Anjali asked concernedly: “Lav what are you doing here?” she came looking for Lavanya not seeing her in her bed in the middle of the night, only to find her sitting in balcony lost in thoughts.







Lavanya signed answering: “Can’t sleep, so came out of for fresh air...” though her face clearly showed her tiredness.







Anjali sat down on the chair beside Lavanya; she could see the distress on her face and could very well guess the reason for it also. It’s been almost two weeks since New Year party and ever since they got back from the part Lavanya seems to be distressed and lost also not sharing what was disturbing her but all had an idea as to what it might be related to. Signing out with concern of an elder sister for her sibling she asked: “Lav will you just tell me what is eating you up..? And please don’t try denying because we all can see you stressed out and we’re concerned for you yaar...”







Lavanya gazing ahead said sadly: “But the only person I want to be concerned seems not bothered at all...” and Anjali knew whom she meant but said nothing as Lavanya continued lamenting, “He used to be always so concerned about me and everything related to me... but now he just doesn’t care, just keeps running after that Khushi... Why is he doing all this to me..? Doesn’t he know how much I love him..? It hurts Di, it really hurt seeing him so...so away from me...” as she sobbed silently with tears rolling down her eyes.








Anjali hugged her immediately trying to comfort her as she spoke: “Shhh... I don’t know why he is doing all this, but you know Lav, he can be a bull headed at times. He is just being too stubborn and if he wants to stay with that Khushi leaving you than his loss... just forget him Lav, your tears aren’t worth to be spend on him.” as she advised her sister to move on.







Lavanya pulled back from the hug and wiped her tears saying: “No Di, I’m not giving up so easily... main uss Khushi ke samne itni aasni se har nahi maanugi. I won’t let her snatch Arnav from me, he was mine and he is always going to be mine only! And I’m going to win him back by hook or crook... She doesn’t have any idea what she has started. I’m game to win this Love Game... so game on Khushi Ahlawat, Game On!!” with determination laced in her voice and stubborn glint in her eyes.











Lavanya remembers the Arnav’s words from that evening about breaking rules and that was all motivation she needed. Now she’ll break all rules to win Arnav back no matter what extend she has to go, ab Arnav uski zid ban gaya hai jise woh har halat mein pake rahegi. With clearer mind, vision and determined decision Lavanya Gupta has geared up herself to get her love back at any cost. 












...........................................












----FLASHBACK----









Walking through the empty corridor of their office Arnav run calling out: “Lavanya... Lavanya... Listen to me damn it!!” as he barged in her cabin behind her as she continued to royally ignore him. Feeling frustrated he held her arm forcefully making her face him asked out loud, “What the hell Lavanya! Why are you ignoring me like this... care to explain what did I do to get this treatment from you?”






Lavanya looked at him with eyes splitting fire at him as she angrily replied: “Why does it bother you..? And why are you even coming after me... Go and chat with that Lisa of yours.” as she pulled her arm out of his gasp.






Taken back by her reply he looked at her dumbfolded and then asked in disbelieve: “Are you jealous Lavanya..? That too with Lisa....like seriously..?” the thought itself sounded so absurd to him.






She looked at him still angry as she sarcastically said: “Why should I be jealous... it is totally normal that your boyfriend flirts with his ex in front of you, right..?”






Arnav answered her: “We weren’t flirting, we were just talking about old time... you’re blow things out of proportion...” fighting the urge not to roll eyes at her.






His comment didn’t settle well with him as she fired back: “How would you have felt if I was having such ‘old times’ chat with my ex in front of you..?”






He simply shrugged off saying: “Nothing...” she groaned at his reply and turned to walk out but he held her from walking out said, “Lavanya, you’re seriously blowing up things without reason and I had never hidden from you about my past flings... Lisa was just one of those short flings and we’re just friends now after we realized that there can’t be anything more than that between us. And for Christ’s sake she was here to invite me, Payal and Yuvraj for her wedding next month... what are you getting jealous about?”






Lavanya still angry said: “But I didn’t like seeing you laughing with her...”






Arnav signed out trying to make her understand: “Look Lavanya, you have to understand that I had been in lots of relationships and flings but I wasn’t serious about any... In fact I hadn’t been serious about anyone like I had been for you and yes I’m still in touch with my ex-girlfriends but it’s strictly ‘Friend’s zone’...that’s it. You don’t need to get jealous of Lisa or any of ex for that matter...”






Lavanya felt her anger leaving at his words and hugged him apologizing: “I’m sorry for behaving like an immature...”






Arnav wrapped his arms around her chuckling softly saying: “It was cute to see you jealous... I never knew you had this side also. It’s only one month we’re dating and I’m seeing so many sides of you, I wonder how much more I get to see in future... but I’m looking forward to it, got to say it’s interesting...” as he teased her and she swatted him feeling embarrassed at his teasing.








.........









Lavanya looked at Arnav distastefully as she told him: “Arnav I told you not to do these boxing or bike racing... These are dangerous, why don’t you listen to me..?”






Arnav looked at her exaggeration and rolled his eyes: “Lavanya you’re overreacting... I’m doing these since forever, nothing happened ever.”






She looked at him said: “Nothing happened didn’t happen, doesn’t mean it won’t ever happen. And anyways I don’t like all these... so you’ll have to give up bas!” as she gave her verdict.







He looked at her in wide-eye in disbelieve, no one in his life has ever dictated him like this...not even his parents and he said to her in utter disbelieve: “You can’t dictate my life like this Lavanya... no one ever did, not even my Mom-Dad. And what the hell you’re making so much fuss about...it’s just simple bike racing and boxing, I’m not doing anything illegal!”







Lavanya looked at him with disapproval: “But I don’t like these things... in fact I don’t like a lot of things in your lifestyle which I think it’s time you change them...” 







Arnav looked at her shaking his head lightly and trying to control his temper, he doesn’t like anyone dominating or trying to change him. So taking a deep breath he said: “Lavanya you’re over-reacting again and you’ve to understand that my lifestyle is definitely different from yours. And if you keep fussing over such pity issue like bike racing and boxing, then how will you handle other aspects of my life..?”







She sarcastically questioned him back: “Why are you some sort of gangster or what that I need to worry about your secret identity or something?”







He soberly questioned back: “You don’t know a lot of things about me Lavanya... did you really think in 02-n-half months dating, you know everything about me..?” 






She huffed in anger and stubbornly said: “I don’t you to race or do boxing that’s it; I don’t want to listen to anything else! Do you even have any idea what everyone will think about you...and about my image when everyone know about us..?”







Arnav signed heavily, seeing there is no point arguing with her and halfheartedly agreed to her: “Okay fine, I won’t do anymore bike racing or boxing for a while...” bending down again among the two in the relationship like always, but not liking this a bit.










Lavanya hearing this from him happily shrieked and hugged him tight saying: “I knew you won’t disagree with me... thank god for that! And you’ll soon see that what I’m saying is for your own good and you know these things gives you bad-boy image which is a clear no-no when it comes to the guy I’m dating...” as she continued blabbering about how her ideal man suppose to be and how he needs to change and mould himself accordingly to fit, completely missing the unhappy look on Arnav’s face.








.........








Arnav looked angry Lavanya in front of him signing heavily before he asked: “Now what happened, Lavanya..?”





Lavanya gave him angry glare said: “Why were you flirting with that girl in restaurant? And that too in front of me..!”





He calmly replied: “I wasn’t flirting Lavanya, I was just being polite and that girl too wasn’t flirting...” but she just turned her face huffing and he ran a hand through his hair frustrated asked, “Why do you get so insecure Lavanya..? I’m tired with this, every time we keep fighting over the same issue, every time you see me talking to a girl, you even fought with me being insecure with Mayuri...I mean seriously Mayuri that girl isn’t even my type even, she’s just too wild and tomboyish for my taste, I don’t even think of her in that way...not even in my nightmare! How many times do I’ve to say this to you that I’m committed to you and you know I may be a flirt but I don’t cheat... when I’m committed I don’t look at other woman.... We’re dating 06 months now and you still didn’t know this much about me...” feeling disappointed with her behavior again.









Hearing him Lavanya felt guilty as she looked at him with sorry face and hugged him apologizing and he hugged her back forgiving her like every time. But this same argument they have due to her insecurities was taking toll on him, he just doesn’t understand what he should do to make her understand.









.........









Lavanya questioned him angrily: “You again went to a wild party and boozing all night..?”






Arnav signed: “Yeah... but so what..? I told you I was going for partying with some friends last night at disco...”





She looked at him saying: “But I told you to refuse and I don’t like this sort of partying habit of yours!” almost yelling at him.






He rubbed his face in frustration seeing where it was all going again and tried to make her understand: “Lavanya, you know I party once in a while just to stress buster myself and I don’t booze too much, I know to keep myself controlled...what is wrong with that?”





Lavanya like always being stubborn put forth her demand: “I don’t care, you’re not partying anymore that’s it!” as she crossed her arms over her chest to add the dramatic effect.








Arnav being the adjusting one like always gave into her demand but into liking it a bit, Lavanya seems to be dictating him too much. She went round him going on and on about how to be her Mr. Perfect while he was displeased with many thoughts running in his head... Why does he always has to make adjustment, giving into her...doesn’t relationship work two ways. So why always him, why doesn’t she try and understand him once...? Though these thoughts were in his head but he didn’t say anything and silently compromised again for her because he loves her... Yes secretly dating each other for 08 months they have confessed to each other that they love each other.










.........












Arnav was working on some blueprint of a project when Lavanya barged in the archive-library making him look up at her as she angrily slammed a small gift wrapped packet in front of him demanding: “Who is this Mahiya or Mahi in short..?” pointing at the note on the gift written in elegant handwriting saying ‘My dear Mahiya... always love you with all my heart, my Mahi..’ 






He asked surprised seeing her with this packet: “Where did you find this..?”





She replied angrily: “In your cabin when I was looking for a file, I found this in drawer... Now don’t try and change the topic and tell me who this Mahi girl is?”





Arnav looked at her replied honestly: “There is no Mahi...” shrugging his shoulder.





Lavanya narrowed her eyes at him: “Really now... Then what is this..?”





He picked the gift up as he loving caressed explained her: “There is no one named Mahi or Mahiya... She is my dream –girl I named Mahi, the one I would fall in-love with...”with a dreamy smile on his face as if recollecting some sweet memory.  





She looks at him suspiciously: “Really..?”





He replied: “Yeah, you girls imagine about your Prince Charming... so just like that I named my dream-girl Mahi and I got this for her long time ago and kept it with me as I never found any girl to give...”





Lavanya asked him frowningly: “But you never call me Mahi..?” still suspicious about his explanation.




Arnav felt angry with her constantly doubting him and said back: “We’re in relationship for a nearly a year and you kept our relationship a secret... What about that?”





Now Lavanya felt tight lipped and looked away for a moment thinking, then she seductive went behind him putting her arms around him said sweetly: “You said this gift is for the girl you love right... that means this should me mine..? So give it to me...” almost demanding the gift.





Arnav shook his head in denial said: “It’s not for you... I may love you Lavanya but you haven’t earned the place to be face of my Mahiya. So I’m not giving you this...” with that removed her arms around him, collected his belongings and taking the gift left from there, leaving a huffing-puffing Lavanya behind.










.........










Arnav tried to make asked again: "Why the heck are we fighting over this again..? Didn’t we clear it 02 days ago when we celebrated our 01 year anniversary so nicely... then why are you starting this again?” feeling frustrated for fighting over the same issue.






Lavanya looked at him throwing daggers throw his eyes as she said through gritting her teeth: “You think I’m over-reacting again..? Everyone thinks my boyfriend as Mayuri’s fiancé.... you want to be calm after that?”






He signed as he said to her: “Lavanya you know it was all a drama that Mayuri and Yuvraj wanted me to do as to they could escape marrying each other which their family were arranging... It’s no secret how much they hate each other and you know why I couldn’t refuse when they asked help... They both are my friends, I couldn’t say no to them. ”






She replied: “Still doesn’t make this any better... And how long is this drama going to go on for, its already a months and who knows one day her family gets you married to her!” clearly showing her displeasure.






He wrapped an arm around her shoulder said: “It’s getting over tonight, Mayuri and Yuvi realized that somewhere in their hate relationship, they fell in love... So tonight they’re telling the truth to their families and confessing them about their love too... so chill!”








Hearing this Lavanya relaxed with her head on his shoulder smiled, as they stood silently in each other’s arms for few moments.










.........










Lavanya and Arnav were at coffee shop happily talking and discussing their future plans, finally their engagement was fixed after they had disclosed their 01 year 02 months relationship and it took another 03 months for Arnav to get Sashi’s approval. But now talking about their engagement and future plans like this sitting like this seem to make it a worthy effort.






Lavanya excitedly asked: “So after marriage, are we going to stay in the apartment you’re living in or we’ll move in that family mansion you have in Mumbai?”





Arnav frowned looking at her replied: “Why would we staying any of these places? We would be moving to England and we’ll live there...”





She made a face saying: “No we’re not moving to England, I can’t stay so far from my family... we’re settling in India bas!”





He didn’t like this and said: “Lavanya you know I can’t settle in India... My Mom and Dad are in England...heck my whole life is in England! We’re settling in England and what am I gonna do here?”






Lavanya stated obviously: “Of course work in G.K. Constructions like you’re doing now and I can’t stay so far from my family...” almost whining in the end as she pouted.






Arnav ran a hand through his hair as he tried explaining her: “Lavanya if you can’t stay away from your family then how you expect me to stay away from my parents? I can’t forever work in G.K. Constructions...I came here only for exploring India and alongside gain a little work experience working in other company. I’ve a vast business empire of my Dad’s to look after and I can’t leave my parents there and settle here, I’m their only son... You know very well my Dad can’t settle here since his business is U.K. based and so my Mom too won’t be settling here without my Dad.”







Lavanya simply shrugged here shoulder saying: “I’ll think of something to agree your parents and everyone... but I’m not going all the way to England, away from my family...” as sipped her coffee casually ignoring his explanation.






Arnav didn’t like this a bit and bluntly said: “I’m never settling in India Lavanya, no matter what... you can meet your family wherever you want. But forget about us settling here and that’s final!” putting his foot down on this matter as he knew he can’t settle in India no matter what, there are too many risks which he can’t afford.









Lavanya simply seems to ignore his talk like she always did with things that wasn’t according to her and determined that on engagement night she’ll talk to Arnav’s parents telling them that they’re settling in Mumbai after their marriage. If they agreed and settled here with them then good and if not then they’ll visit them but no matter what she won’t go leaving her family so far almost across the world. 








Other hand Arnav wondered he was doing right think by marrying Lavanya, why can’t she understand him one and agree with him. Well he hasn’t told her a major truth about his life and he needs to talk to her about it soon, maybe then she’ll understand is point of view. He thought deeply over this as he sipped his coffee and looked at Lavanya sitting across him sipping hers; the previous happiness about engagement has dropped few notches for him after this conversation with her... His life is going spatial with her and he could only hope to somehow regain his control over things soon, he doesn’t like his life going out of his control.











----FLASHBACK ENDS----













Arnav snapped out his thoughts which had taking him on a trip back to memories of a unpleasant past as he was shook out of it by Ranveer who was sitting beside him. Still startled looked at his best friend disoriented: “Huh...you said something to me..?” taking the coffee mug from him which he offered to him and took a sip of the hot beverage.





Ranveer sipped his coffee then asked casually: “So where had you zoned out to buddy?” 





Arnav looked around to see Dad, Ranveer, Neev and Abir looking at him for his answer as he bit his lips thinking if he should really tell them. It was around midnight and the five of them sitting in terrace having coffee and little chit-chat but Arnav had zoned out sometime in between the conversations. Finally deciding to say the truth Arnav takes a deep breath answering: “I was thinking about Lavanya...”







All the frowned at Arnav hearing his reply and Ranveer says disapprovingly: “Dude why the heck you are thinking about that woman... couldn’t find anything else to think of?”





Arnav shook his head saying: “I was not thinking about her like that, I was wondering about something else...” and went into a thoughtful mood.





Neev’s frown deepened as he asked: “And exactly what are you wondering about..? Having second thoughts about getting back with Lavanya..?”





Arnav immediately jumped replying: “What the! No! Never! It’s not like that...”





Abir asks in his calmness: “Then what are you thinking?”







Taking a deep breath he says looking away from them: “I was just reflecting and remembering the time when I had been in relationship with Lavanya. You all know that I had lots of relationships and flings...none of them serious but when I think of my past relationships some are funny, some are nice, some are weird but they all have something good or humorous in their own way... But when I think of relationship period I had with Lavanya, I can’t remember anything good...it’s all fighting and shouting and to think she was my first ever serious relationship I had, still I hardly could remember any nice time with her. I never had such bad experience I had with her... Lavanya had always been the one to throwing tantrums and demands... she changed me so much that I could hardly recognize myself. It was always her insecurities and jealousy, I mean if I even talked to a lady politely it’s for her I was flirting, if I am rude than that’s wrong to her... I mean whatever I did nothing satisfied her; she always had to point something or the other to me. In between us it was me who always bend down first and always tried to compromise wanting the relationship work...she never did anything except pointing out my mistakes... I feel so stupid for being with her, there had been serious major moments which made me think if it was really good to be in relationship with Lavanya... but I used to quickly brush them off really wanting that relation to work...Thinking now that I wonder just why the heck I put up with her and taking all her crap in the first place?!”










All listened to Arnav carefully but none know exactly what to say and Ranveer commented: “Arnie bro I always used to say to you that I don’t think Lavanya was the right girl for you... but you never listened to me...”






Manav thoughtfully asked his son: “Beta what exactly are you trying to imply with all this..? Why these sudden dwelling thoughts..?”






Arnav looked at his father as he bit his lips for a moment and then replied carefully trying explaining them what was disturbing him: “Despite how bad relationship I had with Lavanya, on contrary I had known her really well. People generally think Lavanya as a very innocent, sweet, adjusting who is a good in her professional field but a very naive and submissive type of girl taking by her appearance. But in real Lavanya is anything but that... she is demanding, stubborn, egoistical and very dominating. Another serious problem with Lavanya is she sees and hears only what she wants... no matter how many times you try and make her understand; she’ll understand things according to her own whims and fancies. And this has me worried a lot...”






Ranveer prompts: “And worried about what..?”






Arnav replies frowning: “I don’t think Lavanya would accept that I’ve moved on and gotten over her... I know how much ego that woman has and right now her ego and pride are hurt seeing me with Khushi... I know very well how much stubborn Lavanya can get and she can go to any extend to get what she wants... I bet she simply refuses to believe I’m happily with Mahi on my will, she has a different version of her own set in her mind and I’m worried what she’ll do...”







Manav worriedly asks though doubtful: “You think she’ll harm Khushi or Hiya?”






Arnav nods in yes and says: “I know for sure that she won't back off so easily. Lavanya can be real bull-head stubborn and others too only think that their dear poor Lavanya is sad and simply don’t consider others in front of her sorrow. I know Lavanya won’t give up so easily... in fact if anything, she’ll fight harder now for me to win from Khushi. And I don’t know what she’ll do and to what extend is she willing to go...”







His words made others concerned too and Neev tried reassuring him: “Don’t worry Arnie; we all are here to protect her... we won’t let anything happen to our Laado...”





Abir too voiced out his observation: “I consider what you’re implying because I’ve seen that glint in Lavanya’s eyes...losing is something that doesn’t seem to settle well with Lavanya. But don’t worry we’re all here, let her attack we’re here to defend and protect ours...”







Arnav nodded at them said: “Yeah, I won’t let Lavanya ruin my happy life in her whims and fancies just because she doesn’t understand how to take a no for an answer. I won’t let her hurt my Mahiya or my Hiya... if it’s her stubbornness to get me back than it is my love that I’ll fight to protect. Lavanya ki zid ko main aapni duniya todne nahi dunga, she needs to learn that she needs to back off!” determination laced in his voice and his eyes held the fire that wants to burn anything that wants to harm his carefully built happy little world. 









********









NOTE: So finally here is the update, I hope you understand her better and as to why Lavanya is not seeing Arnav is happy with Khushi and simply backing off. It has all turned ego-matter for Lavanya and she simply wouldn't see what is in front of her eyes, so let's see to what extend does she go to win this 'Love Game'.

28 comments:

  1. Looks n character of a person can be totally different.... hope lavanya gets hurt badly for hurting ARNAV n try to brk his little world...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful update.. loved it... Happy to see ur update after so long.. I hope u had Gud exams... Lavanya is crazy .. she is so behind arnav.. why can't she see arnav moved on... Hope arnav is able to protect his family from lavyana.. And lav learns a lesson...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Welcome back dear
    Lavnya is thick headed
    Hope she doesn't hurt arshi or hiya

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi, New to your stories but love them. Amazing update, eagerly waiting for next.

    ReplyDelete
  5. lavanya drowning in Arnav's eyes was nice.arnav kissed la tho usually she doesnt kiss d guy whom she is dating.2 b frank cant imagine arnav kissing anyone other than khushi.La is always insecure.when he talked 2 his ex gf simply,when he attended night party once,even when he just talked 2 a girl...but after arnav makes her understand she patches up with arnav was gud,she did'nt fight with him 4 a long time over one issue.that was gud.but she always fights with him.mahi was d name arnav kept 4 his dream girl.so la wanted that gift which arnav kept 4 mahi.but arnav refused 2 give it as he never felt that la can b his mahi tho he loved her.that was nice n happy that khushi cud b his mahi.when he wanted 2 settle down with his parents abroad she wanted 2 settle down where her parents stay.i cant blame her completely in his this as girls also have a heart like boys n even girls always wish 2 spend time with parents like boys.but as per our society's rule its not applicable 2 a girl.so cant support la too.but if she wanted 2 reside with her parents she shud've chosen a guy who belongs 2 d same locality.gud that tho anjali supported la till now 2 get back arnav in this update anjali asked la 2 4get arnav.but la is adamant abt winning arnav back n arnav understands her intentions truly.missing khushi.waiting 4 arshi scenes in d next part

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for such long update...will try updating as soon as possible but I need a day off because I'm too tired I just wanna sleep and sleep and more sleep...

      Delete
  6. Nice update . You wonderfully imolied character of lavanya frim arnav's view its simply wow
    Hope la doent hurt khushi orm hiya

    ReplyDelete
  7. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi I just stumbled upon your story. I just don't like it but love it to bits. Each character is so unique. Please I have just one request don't ever stop this story in the middle.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Very nice update.. please continue soon..

    ReplyDelete
  10. Welcome back... Nice updates... Awaiting for your next updates... Please update soon

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thank u for updating, hope ur exams goes well...coming to the update...lavanya is so cunning and playing all bechari and innocent. Pyaar main kisiko badalte nahi hain, if u love someone then u will accept him or her just the way that person is, but lavanya had change Arnav in someone he isn't. So im happy Arnav is the old one who he was. I know we all don't want lavanya to hurt Khushi, but if she won't hurt Khushi then she and the gang woudn't know Arnav kish haath tak dja sakta hai apni Mahi ko protect karne keliye.
    Waiting to know how far lavanya will go trying to seperate Arnav and Khushi.
    I love the part where Neev asked Arnav if he is having second thoughts about getting back with lavanya and Arnavs reaction😄 waiting for the next update...

    ReplyDelete
  12. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Loved it... Aw poor Arnav had to bend always but its goodbye him That he is no longer with him... Will Lavanya hurt Khushi... Waiting eagerly for more... Update soon dear

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hey dear, I found you blog and am going to read all your stories. BTW can you update Gustakh dil?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Updated 'GUstakh Dil...' check it out...

      Delete
  15. welcome back....i like the family and arnav deciding to protect everything from lavanya and her doing & of course arnav telling them the hidden side of lavanya...hate lavanya to the core....for a change anjali gave the right advice to lavanya to forget arnav and move on...

    ReplyDelete
  16. Hey dear
    waiting for your story gustakh dil

    ReplyDelete
  17. Hey dear
    waiting for your story gustakh dil

    ReplyDelete
  18. Fab story do contiue soon plz

    ReplyDelete
  19. Thank you for the update. (Londoner)

    ReplyDelete