Sunday 13 December 2015

ARSHI FF: Meant to be...

CHAPTER 07(B): Tu isaq mere...





















-----FLASHBACK CONTINUES-----














They both stared at each other wide-eyed and open mouth in shock, it was Epshita’s voice which brought them out of their shocked state, who said sarcastically: “Welcome Miss. Gupta, we were waiting when you would grace us with your lovely presence and finally here you are.” obvious both their shocked state.







Embarrassed Lavanya was looked own saying: “Sorry ma’am, actually I had gotten stuck in traffic.”







Epshita: “Miss. Gupta just because you’re daughter of the M.D. of this company doesn’t give you the liberties that you come and go from office whatever time suits you. And please save these lame excuses, you’re neither new in Delhi nor unaware of how the traffic is here. Everyone can come in time except you... how believable.”







Lavanya simply stood there taking the scolding feeling more embarrassed with the other spectator also wondering what is he doing here and Epshita than formally introduced them both: “Lavanya meet him, this is Arnav Raizada and he is also intern with you guys... and Arnav this is Lavanya Gupta.” 

















They both formally shook hands and then Epshita told them both go in their cabin as the files they need to work on is already on their respective desks and wishing them good luck left for her own work. Arnav looked at Lavanya simply giving her a look walked off to his cabin not saying anything which she found very insulting and she walked to her assigned cabin cursing him internally as she got on her work.





















..................





















FEW HOURS LATER...















Arnav was totally engrossed in his work of a housing project blue-print when there was a knock on his door which made him look up saying: “Come in”









He saw Samar peep in said: “Hey dude, its lunch time. So we’re going to grab something, wanna join?”







Arnav looked at the time to see it is 01:30 and said folding the spread-sheet: “I didn’t notice, wait a second I’m come just let me keep it aside properly.”










So Samar waited for Arnav to get done and after that both walked to the elevators casually chatting with Samar telling about places around in Delhi. Getting in the elevators Samar pressed 2nd floor where canteen was and after a few moments they reached the 2nd floor got out of the elevator. Walking Samar waved at Akash, Anjali, Aman and Lavanya already sitting on a table which he joined along Arnav.









Arnav smilingly greeted them sitting on the vacant chair beside Akash: “Hi guys” pleasantly to all but make a face at Lavanya which wasn’t noticed by anyone except her.






The three of them happily greeted him back but Lavanya made a sour face, which no one took notice of and Anjali casually said: “Arnav you haven’t met her right?” pointing at Lavanya knowing her sister was late today, hence maybe they missed the introduction part today.







Arnav replied politely: “She bumped into me when I was coming out of your cabin and Epshita ma’am introduced us...Lavanya Gupta.”







Anjali nodded then added: “And also my one and only sister.” 






Arnav: “Really..?” as he observes both the girl sitting beside each other, he note they both seemed so different like Anjali in a blue-black floral print short dress and Lavanya in pink salwar showed the difference but he remembered the fight with Lavanya in the morning which made him think that even if both the sisters look different outside, both of them have similar characteristic behavior.


ANJALI'S DRESS

LAVANYA'S SALWAR





Aman: “Yeah, Anjali-Lavanya are the Gupta sisters while Akash-Samar are the Khurana brothers.”







At this Arnav looked surprised at Samar-Akash: “Really...?” 






Samar with his usual big smile replied: “Yeah...”






Arnav looking at both said: “Woah, you both are so not alike... I mean Akash seems sort of timid shy guy while you’re more outgoing type.”







Before they could talk much the canteen-boy came to take order after giving that as the boy went to bring the orders, Akash asked: “Arnav where are you staying here?”







Arnav smilingly replied: “I’ve my own apartment, though we have a family Mansion in Delhi I’m not staying there as it’s too big to live alone.”






Nodding in understanding Akash: “Yeah...”






Arnav casually asked: “So seeing you all, it’s like you all know each other well... were you guys together in university or something?”







Samar: “Yeah we all know each other well, you can say we were in same school and later in same university but mostly we know each other as our families are friends since long.”








Arnav: “Oh”






Anjali asked: “So Arnav who are there in your family?”






Arnav: “Mine is a small family, just Mom-Dad and me... I’m only son and my grandparents have passed away few years ago.”






The canteen-boy came with their orders and placed in front them respectively, Arnav asked to pass the ketchup which Aman handed Lavanya to him but somehow she managed to spill it on Arnav’s blazer. All looked wide-eyed as Lavanya gasped in shock and Arnav angrily: “What the! What have you done?!”







 Lavanya started stammering: “Woh... woh I didn’t mean to...”








Arnav cut her off angry: “Yeah, you never mean anything, it just happens... first you broke my bike’s tail-light than wasted my time arguing uselessly and even after it was clearly your mistake you don’t apologize. And now you spoiled my blazer... lady what is YOUR problem?!”






Lavanya also started getting angry now countered: “I didn’t do it on purpose, it’s just accident....”







Arnav: “Yeah and it is your fault, still instead of apologizing you’re showing me attitude.”







Lavanya annoyed: “Because you’re annoying me!”







Arnav: “Yeah right put this blame also on me... it’s like you don’t do anything, it is always others fault.”







Lavanya: “Maine aisa kab kaha?” (When did I say that?)








Arnav not understanding: “Huh... what did you say..?”








Lavanya irritated: “Now don’t act so high that you don’t understand Hindi...”








Others who were shocked seeing Lavanya fight with Arnav as she has always been quit type of girl but snapped soon and Samar said: “Lavanya he doesn’t understand Hindi... he is from England, born and brought-up there.”








Lavanya rolled her eyes commenting: “Lo angreez chale gaye par isse bhej diya, firangi!” (Britishers have left but send him, foreigner!) 

















Others were looked at Lavanya wide-eyed while Arnav looked at her with confused annoyed eyes as he didn’t understand her but got that she made some comment on him. That was the day G.K. Constructions first saw Arnav-Lavanya’s beginning of their hate-relationship as it was just beginning because after that they never missed any chance to fight with each other for silliest reason which amused their friends a lot but at times even they got annoyed with the constant fight.



















-----FLASHBACK ENDS-----



















Lavanya was brought out of her thoughts when an hand was put on her shoulder and she instantly startled out turned to look at the person. It was Payal who was looking at her with concern asked: “You okay, Lav..?”







Lavanya nodded saying: “I can’t believe Arnav forgot everything we shared, how can he marry of someone else...” still trying to come in terms with today’s revelations and asked: “Payal, you are his best friend and know him so long... do you really think he moved on or he had done it in anger..?”









Payal helplessly looked at her friend replied: “I don’t know Lav, I just don’t know...” 







Lavanya sobbed: “He can’t do this to me... I mean we were so in-love, so how can he forget all that so easily..?  How can he give my place to that Khushi..?”







Payal: “I don’t know Lav, I still remember you guys in your initial days despite all the fights he had feelings for you... and I’ve never seen him serious about another girl like he had been for you.”








Akash: “Yeah I remember... how he helped sorting my love-life...”





















-----FLASHBACK-----


















TWO WEEKS LATER 









G.K. CONSTRUCTION, DELHI, 11:30 AM













In these two weeks Arnav-Lavanya had developed a strange relationship of constantly fighting, whenever they both were together they would fight for even the silliest matter, but inside they had something else going on. Lavanya was somewhat attracted to Arnav’s charming self and her reason for constantly fighting with him was because she felt angry on herself to get attracted to him and he flirting with other female staff in office, even though she knew it was friendly harmless flirting. 









On the other hand Arnav found Lavanya very amusing and interesting after his initial anger on her subsided. He fought her different from other girls he had been with and trust him on having quite a fair share of ladies, but this was the first time a girl was fighting against his charm. He knew he had an effect on Lavanya who being the first girl to be fighting against it and she is also very different girl from the type of girls he had been round which attracted him more to her.









It was usual day; the six interns were having a coffee break and chatting casually before they need to head for presentation and meetings and topic of discussion was another new intern joining. Aman casually said: “I wonder how this new intern would be...”








Anjali: “I hope it is a girl, because we’re only two girls here.”








Lavanya agreeing with her sister nodded sipping her coffee said: “Hmmm would be nice to have a new girl friend...”








Arnav was about to say something but stopped as someone covered his eyes from behind and he put his hand over the hands covering his eyes asking: “Who is this..?” 






PAYAL'S DRESS


The others looked in shock at the young girl in black floral print short dress and open hair signaled them to be quite as she stifled a giggle biting her lower lip. Arnav’s lips turned into a bright simple as he pulled the hands of his eyes exclaiming: “ANKLET!”







Getting up quickly he turned around to see his best friend smiling widely as he pulled her in a tight hug, lifting her off her feet excitedly: “It’s so good to see you Anklet!”








She patted hugging him back said: “So am I Arnie...”







Arnav put her down and asked: “By the way what are you doing here..?”







She replied smiling brightly: “Surprise, surprise! I’m joining here as a intern.”








Arnav: “Wow, damn cool! But suddenly..?”







Shrugging her shoulder she replied: “My parents want to settle back in India again, I came early joining this internship and they’ll be here within 06-07 months.”






Arnav: “That’s nice I guess... but I’m glad you are here.” side-hugging her as she gave him a sweet smile in return.







All this while others were looking at the duo curiously and Samar asked: “Ah Arnav... who is she?”







Arnav looked at the curious faces and said: “Oh I’m sorry... guys meet her, this is Payal... Payal Sharma, my best friend and Payal, meet Samar, Akash, Aman, Anjali and Lavanya, my new friends.”







They all said ‘Hi’ to Payal who in return greeted them with ‘Hello’. After that Arnav inquired about where Payal was staying and chatted with her asking if she met Epshita and had gotten briefed. All this while Lavanya looked at the pair fuming but also another pair of eyes was watching Arnav-Payal chatting with envious eyes.



















**********************


















ONE MONTH LATER











CAPITOL CLUB, CONNAUGHT PLACE, SATURDAY, 10:30 PM















Aman, Anjali, Akash, Arnav, Payal, Lavanya and Samar were at night-club restaurant for dinner and chill out as it is weekend. Arnav was dressed in black shirt with black jeans and grey blazer looking so handsome that all ladies had eyes at him; Aman who was dressed up in white t-shirt, dark jeans with red sleeveless jacket wasn’t looking bad and had eyes on Anjali who was looking quite pretty in dark-blue top and white floral print shorts with boots. Samar was looking cute in his blue jeans with white shirt and black pull-over and Akash in brown shirt with grey pants was also looking nice had eyes on Payal wearing cream short dress with brown thin belt sat beside Arnav casually chatting with others.

ARNAV'S OUTFIT



AMAN' LOOK

ANJALI'S OUTFIT


SAMAR'S LOOK

AKASH'S LOOK

PAYAL'S DRESS





In this one month they have all become good friends and did weekend night-outs. Payal has adjusted well with everyone but there is an unnoticed tension between her and Akash going on while other side Lavanya liked Payal as person and friend but was quite jealous on the prospect of Payal being too close to Arnav and maybe something going on between them.










Arnav turned to Payal asked: “Hey, wanna dance..?” 







Payal smiled: “Sure.”






So he took her hand and taking her on dance-floor they were grooving on a peppy number song and after that song finished it changed into a soft song and he held out for her while she took gladly. Seeing them Aman commented: “They both look nice together... think something going on between them..?”







Samar sipping his drink said: “Nah, they’re just friends... Arnav said that.”







Anjali: “Doesn’t seem to me... I think something is going on.”





Now this comment wasn’t liked by Akash or Lavanya but both sat silently sulking looking that pair dance and trying to hide their inner thoughts from others. Other side while dancing Payal eyes went on the table their friends sat and then turned to Arnav asked: “Arnie, what is up with you and Lavanya?”






Arnav clueless: “What?”







Payal: “Don’t act innocent, I know something is up with you two... I mean I know you aren’t the type to give just any random girl so much attention and here you keep fighting for her attention, I meant literally. And let’s not forget the murderous glare she gives me every time I’m with you... like right now...” subtlety pointing towards the table.








Arnav looked at Lavanya who sat on there in cream-orange-blue anarkali looking beautiful even if her eyes were throwing daggers at him. 

LAVANYA'S DRESS





He chuckled and turned to his Bestie replied: “Well let’s just say I find her interesting and amusing... quite different from girl I had around me.”






Payal: “Serious this time..?”






Arnav honestly replied: “Well I feel something for her and she seems the serious types... so yeah I wanna know her and after that let’s see how it goes.”







Payal nodded: “Planning to ask anytime soon..?”






Arnav smilingly: “Yeah...”






Payal: “Best of luck with that...”







Arnav: “Thanks, now tell me about you...”







Payal frowning: “What about me..?”







Arnav: “You don’t think I missed what is brewing between you and Akash...? That guy simply looks at me like wanting to murder me... so what’s up between You Two?” emphasizing on the last two words. 








Payal: “I don’t wanna talk about that...”







Arnav: “Okay, I’ll let you slip this time, but we’ll be back on this topic again.” as pulled back cause the song ended and they walked back to their table.







Sitting down Anjali said: “You both look nice together.”












Arnav-Payal simply gave a smile and then Payal excused herself to washroom and Akash said he needs to make a call, so go up saying will be back in while. Arnav looked at him walking off the direction Payal went and excusing himself decided to follow knowing Akash went after Payal. 








Payal walked out of ladies-room and walking little ahead and around the empty corridor saw Akash standing, waiting for her but she simply decided to pass by ignoring him. But he wasn’t in mood for letting her go and held her by arm sopping her and pulled her back said: “Payal, what is all this going on..?”






Payal looked at him with eyes spitting fire, pulling her arm out his gasp replied: “What did I do Mr. Khurana..?”






Akash: “What are doing here in India Payal..? Why do you keep ignoring me..? And what’s with you being so touchy with Arnav..?”








Payal angrily: “What do mean by ‘being touchy with Arnav’..? And who are you to question me, also coming to India I didn’t know your permission was needed... because last time I checked it was a free country and I’m a free will person.”











She turned around to leave but was pulled back and found herself trapped between the wall and Akash, him being so close made her almost hyperventilating but managed to hide it. Whereas Akash was lost having her close again after so long but when she turned her face away from him snapped him out.











Akash held her in place not letting her go as she wiggled trying to push him off her: “Stop wiggling in vain, I’m not letting you go unless we finish talking.”







Payal: “I don’t wanna talk to you... God if I knew joining the internship would mean meeting you again I would have never joined but unfortunately I can’t quit either because the contract signed also Arnie would doubt something is wrong as it is he is suspicious... I don’t want any more of it.” tried pushing him off her.






Akash: “I wanna talk to you Payal, stop running.”







Payal: “I’m not running and I don’t wanna talk to you as I think there is nothing left to talk!”







Akash started saying: “Payal please listen to me...”







Payal angrily: “What is there to listen..? Didn’t I make everything clear when we broke up, unlike you I made myself clear and didn’t hide anything.” taunting him.






Akash signed: “Look Payal I’m sorry I didn’t tell you that time that I wasn’t engaged, it was unfair on my part to not tell you anything abou--”








 Payal cut him off: “Then why are you bothering me again..? I don’t want anything to do with you anymore...”







Akash losing his temper: “Why..? Because now you’re with Arnav...”







Payal: “Nothing is between me and Arnav... we’re just friends, and really friends. But how can I expect you to understand that after all you lied to about your fiancé being ‘Only friend’...”








Akash: “Payal I’m sorry for breaking your trust but trust me I really love you.”








Payal: “I don’t wanna listen anything just leave me alone... and why do you even bother by now your marriage date would have been fixed.”








Akash: “No, I broke up the engagement after returning from Paris.”








Payal: “Oh, so you again want a time-pass girlfriend and you want me to jump on that prospect because you’re free now..?”







Akash tried making her understand: “No, I just wanna say I still love you Payal... please give me a chance..?”








Before Payal could reply another strong voice spoke out: “Just say yes Payal...” make the two turn their head in that direction.








They saw Arnav standing there and little behind him was Lavanya looking curiously at them and Akash stepped aside from Payal. Arnav repeated again: “Say yes to him Payal, the poor guy seems ready to grovel at your feet.”







Payal shaking her head said: “No, I don’t want him back.” biting  her lips to stop sobbing as she folded her arms on her chest not meeting anyone’s eyes trying to control her tears.









Arnav walked to her, he wrapped his arm around her shoulder and rubbed her arm as Payal put her head on his shoulder said: “You know Payal when you returned from your Paris trip I knew something was up. Then you told me about the guy you met and you liked him but turned out to be engaged. I knew it wasn’t just liking... it was something more but I never said anything. After joining the internship I saw the tension between you and Akash, also not to forget the looks he always gives me, so I just added the two plus two.”






Payal sobbed on his shoulder and he patted her back spoke: “Now just give up your anger, I understand he was wrong but at the end you still love him and he loves you... He is your first love, you can’t just let him go, so sort it out with him.” then looked at Akash said “Hurt her again and I’ll turn you blue-black and trust me I beat the crap outta you.”  






Akash actually got scared of Arnav’s threat said: “Yeah will keep in mind...”






Arnav nodded then gently pushed Payal in Akash’s arms who cried hitting him on his chest as he took everything and apologized to her, hugging her back kissing her hair.













Arnav smiled at the pair and walked away giving them privacy with taking Lavanya with him who silently looking at him and after a while said: “That was nice of you...”







Arnav just smiled saying: “She is my friend, I oath to do that much for her.”






They fell in silence again and then Lavanya said in quite voice: “You are not that bad as I thought.”






Arnav looked at her a few moments than decided to say it as he stopped walking and held her hand, spoke looking at her eyes: “I’ll be honest with you Lavanya, I really like you... you’re different from the girls I’ve been with and I would really like to know you. So will you go on a date with me?”







Lavanya shyly looked down at their hands and then said: “Yes” giving him a shy smile as he returned her a charming dimple smile making her dazzle.


















-----FLASHBACK ENDS----



















Lavanya came out of her revive as she spoke: “Arnav was the one who made me patch-up with Akash Payal because he was your first love than how can he forget me, kyunki uska phela pyaar toh main thi na..?”







Payal looked at her friend with misted eyes seeing her so sad and hugged Lavanya said: “He is just angry on you, he was always yours Lavanya and always gonna be yours... you just need to make him realize that.”







Anjali also said: “Yeah Lav, don’t worry your Arnav will always be yours and I’ll make sure of that... this Khushi has to leave for that!”







Yuvi reasoned hearing the girls: “But you all are forgetting... Arnav just isn’t married he has a daughter. Is it right to mess his life?”







Mayuri for once agreed with her husband: “Yeah well thinking of that, even I want Arnav to be back with Lavanya and wanted to separate Khushi from him but we didn’t know he is married, ek beti bhi hai... I guess we should think once before doing something.” doubtful now about separating Khushi-Arnav because even if she wanted Lavanya-Arnav to be together, she wasn’t in favor of breaking someone’s marriage.








Anjali apparently didn’t thought that said: “Arnav just can’t throw my sister away and I know this is all acting, his anger making him do this. We just need to push him towards Lav and once his anger is gone, the drama of married to Khushi and all will end.”








Lavanya looked hopefully at her Di asked: “You think that Di?”







Anjali smiled saying: “I know this... he loves you too much, just a bit angry on you.”









Anjali hugged her sister and Lavanya felt whole lot more hopeful that Arnav was doing all this drama out of anger, he loves way too much to remain angry for too long... she will pacify him.  Payal-Akash gave Lavanya encouraging smile while Yuvi and Mayuri now felt doubtful that if they were really in the right side but kept quiet and Aman remain silent for now trying to gasp the situation.








6 comments:

  1. Loved the update... Why they are hell bent behind arshi.. why don't they understand that arnav had moved forward... Really want see ASR mood.... Plz update soon.. Waiting for next... My Fb I'd is priti sehrawat...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Arnav La kept fighting,but they were attracted 2 each other.akash n la thought payal n arnav were dating n got jealous.shocking that payash were a couple b4,but they broke up as akash hid from her abt his engagement.who was his fiancee n y dud he break his engagement?loved arnav clearing the mu btw payash n uniting them.he confessed his liking 2 la also.la thinks that arnav supports 1st luv n la is his 1st luv.even anjali n payal r supporting la.they r least bothered abt arnav's wife n kid.at least yuvi n mayuri have brains.plz update d next part soon

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, about Akash it was simply his parents fixed with a girl and he broke up after returning from Paris trip where he met Payal... not much, its just a backstory.

      Delete
  3. i love this ff but sometimes i think the characters are delusional...in need of treatment.....breaking someone's marriage?????

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for your comment, I guess they just don't want to accept the truth....

      Delete