Wednesday 4 November 2015

ARSHI FF: Gustakh Dil... (Stubborn Heart...)

CHAPTER 03: Meri Mishti...


































Arnav entered the room, with Khushi still securely in his arms as he closed the door after he had put her down. As soon as the doors were shut, Khushi didn’t leave a second to crash into his arms and cry her heart out. He knew this part was going to be the hardest part for her, especially with Buaji’s taunts.






Arnav: “Khushi...Khushi...Look at me” He said cupping her face as he wiped each tear away. “It’s not your fault...So don’t you dare think it is” He said sternly but softened when he saw that she was still crying.





“Because you’re my ‘Mishti’, right? Too sweet to hurt anybody...!” He said as made her sit on the bed and calmed her down.





“But one thing I haven’t yet understood Khushi...” He said as she looked at him. 




“You said your name is Khushi Aditya Raichodhary? And Buaji...She said your parents...” He tried to utter the sentences without reminding her of the moments that happened downstairs.




Khushi: “That’s my real name...” She interrupted seeing his dilemma. “My parents...Aditya Raichodhary and Kashish Raichodhary. My mumma married dad against her family because...Because she had an inter-faith marriage...My dad...My dad was a Bengali” She said which amazed Arnav. He smiled at the fact that Khushi was originally Bengali.





“Although the marriage was conducted, no one truly accepted it. The only reason the marriage took place was because my dad’s family had no objection...They were very broad-minded and only wished for their son’s happiness. Buaji never accepted my parents heartedly and so basically I am an outsider to them. That’s why...I had so much trouble adjusting into the ‘Gupta’ family” She said in an almost mocking voice.




“Buaji was against Babuji (Shashi) bringing me into the family...But for his sake, she kept quiet and tolerated me...I was only 10...When I had no choice but to stay with the Gupta’s...I had a tough time adjusting...At that time, it seemed almost impossible...I had to stay in an unknown place with unknown people...Without the support from my family...I couldn’t even communicate with anyone...I only knew Bengali and so no one understood me...It took me around 3-4 years to accept that my family would never come back...And that this is my home now”





“At first I wouldn’t give up my habits or traditions...But later...After accepting the truth, I tried adjusting into their lifestyle...Because they all wanted me to forget my origin...Forget my mother-tongue and to forget my family traditions...! So I pretended to give them up for their sake...”








She continued with her past, talking and talking, letting everything out whilst Arnav just listened broken heartedly...He had no idea how painful talking about her past would be...








“I wasn’t allowed to keep contact with anyone from my father’s side...But I secretly had contact with my dad’s friend...Uncle Rishab. It spoke to him through letters and I had also planned to move back to Kolkata when I turned 18...It was all planned” She said with a slight smile on her face. “I planned to leave straight after Jiji’s marriage...But nothing went as planned” She said as her smile had now vanished. “Jiji’s marriage never happened...And somewhere I knew I was responsible for it...So I decided to stay until Jiji had settled down."







Arnav: “So it was my fault?” He questioned.




Khushi: “Absolutely not...It was destiny...Fate...That amidst all of what was happening...I had met you...Fell in love with you...” She said as he pulled her into a hug.





After letting her go from the hug, he encouraged her to let everything in her heart out today itself...




“When they left this world...When they left me... I didn’t accept it at first” She said almost breaking down as Arnav gestured her to carry on. “It took me about 3 years to finally move on...But I always reminded myself of my roots...Without letting anyone know...Not even the Gupta’s...It didn’t even take them a moment to move on” She said as if she was a complete and utter stranger to the Gupta’s...






“My parents memories...Their traditions...Everything...I followed everything...But it was all unknown to them...I never wanted those traditions to get forgotten...It was my responsibility to follow them wholeheartedly...Since I am the only one left to do so...” She said, lost in her own world.







Arnav: “See...I gave you the perfect name...Mishti...!” He said trying to lighten the atmosphere. “Just too sweet” He said flirtatiously as he closed in on her. “I would love to taste...” He said huskily as she slightly blushed. “My own personal brand of sweets” 





He said as she gasped feeling his lips on hers. It was his promise...To protect her from everything...And that they would face every problem together...






















* Hey guys...I know this is a very different concept and you guys probably wasn’t expecting such a different past tongue emoticon Do let us know your views and your advice is always welcome kiss emoticon And just to add...Mishti is also a Bengali originated name....

8 comments:

  1. I thought arnav mu Khushi.Thats y he married her.But I am wrong.He hadnt mu her.Then why did he marry her?what made khushi marry him if arnav hadnt threatened her?So that was Khushi's past.her parents died n she reached d hands of Guptas.but they didnt luv her.K's plan 2 return 2 her homeland dodnt work bcz of this wedding.how did her parents die?How guptas r realy connected?How is Kashish related to shashi?How did Shashi bring her 2 his family?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's the whole thing, why he married Khushi if he had seen the terrace scene between khushi-shyam & that too half.....well if you had noted in the prologue their is 05 hours of which there is no revelation of what had happened in those hours*hint hint* well how & why Khushi was with Guptas' when it is clearly shown that she had her Father's side few relatives who truly loved her, well that would unfold when Khushi's past would knock on doors. Kashish isn't related to Sashi...she is Garima's younger sister...now how the relation between Garima & her sister where would come later & as for Buaji's way of thought for Khushi's real parents is simple some people don't quite support love marriage especially inter-faith love marriage...that made Buaji more than unnecessarily harsh on Khushi in quite many ways...

      Delete
  2. arnav calling her mishti.it reminded me of maan calling geet mishti

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I later remembered that Maan too called Geet 'Mishti'...anyhoo I felt this name appropriate for this Arnav calling Khushi....actually Arnav would give her qute many nicknames & 'Mishti' would be what he most called her....

      Delete
  3. Awesome update.. So Arnav didn't misunderstand Khushi.. it's still suspense what happened between terrace scene nd their marriage.. got to know abt Khushi's past.. She's a bengali.. Mishti name was cute nd it reminded me of Maaneet.. "Mishti - My own personal brand of sweets" beautiful dialogue..

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the new Arshi concept and characters. A real twist in the saga. Brilliant writing.

    ReplyDelete