Wednesday 21 October 2015

ARSHI FF: Meant to be...


PROLOGUE: Dil tutta ve...








Dil tutta ve
Sab chhutta ve

Mahiya tu ki le gaya
Jag ruttha ve
Ho rab jhuttha ve
Bandeya nu ki keh gaya…”








Arnav is running after Lavanya in the corridor while she is running away from him and mind it, it wasn’t a playful chase they had at times. Lavanya is running away from him because she is still confused about her feelings, she still doesn’t have answer of whom she wants, Arnav or Samar.






Arnav running after her called out: “Lavanya listen to be! You’ve to answer me, tum aise nahi bhag sakti. Lavanya stop! Listen to me Lavanya! Lavanya!”










They both ran through the empty corridor of GK Construction but not paying any heed to his calls she ran to get away from him. Alas the chase came to end as he Lavanya was cornered by Arnav as she entered her cabin and before she could shut the door, he barged in trapping her between the door and himself, caging between his arms.








Arnav looked at her with his silver-grey eyes a sea of pain as he questioned her: “Tell me Lavanya what you want from life? Are you really happy with Samar, with this marriage? Have you really moved on forgetting what we shared? Don’t I hold any place in your life anymore? Did you ever truly even love me?”








Lavanya who till now kept looking at floor like most interesting pattern looked up meeting his with her brown smokey eyes: “Look Arnav I’m married to Samar. Now he is my husband and I love him. I’ve moved on life, so stop harassing me and leave me alone!” though her mind was a mess but didn’t show her outside expression, she spoke with such confidence that her internal battle was masked.








Her words hurt Arnav, once she wouldn’t leave his side and now when he is asking deserved explanation, she labels it harassment but with steady voice asked: “What about me Lavanya? What is my place in your life now? Or I don’t have any part in your life now?!” losing his calm and patience with everything.










Lavanya took a deep breath as she answered him: “Nahin ab tum meri zindagi mein koi importance nahin rakhte! You are my past. A past I want to forget get away from, so much as to the shadows of it never comes in my present. Arnav, you are my past and Samar is my present and future. You never share your problems with me but Samar does. Samar is more than good what you are Arnav. You can never be Samar and he made a special place for himself whom you couldn’t nor would you ever. Now Samar is the truth of my life, so give me some peace!” with confidence and finality in her voice, tears running from both of their eyes.












Her words pierced his heart, he is nothing for her now and she wants Samar as her husband. He suddenly felt the pain replace by rage, spitted bitterly: “Thanks a lot for your words Mrs. Lavanya Samar Khurana, I'm not going to forget these words of yours ever. The way you broke my heart today, one day it be you as lonely as me with everyone around you except the one you want and then you’ll understand what I felt! I HATE YOU LAVANYA...I HATE EVERY MINUTE I HAD SPENT WITH YOU!!''














Giving her one last look the looks which can kill any person witnessing so much pain and loneliness in them, he left the cabin completely shattered. Whereas Lavanya slide down against the door and cry out loud. What they both didn’t know was that the whole scene was witnessed by someone and that someone left before he came out of the cabin but followed after him.














.....














02 HOURS LATER




BASKETBALL COURT












“Rondi rondi akhiyon se
Supne bhi jhar jhar jaave
Ki kis nu bataave
Ki honda pyaar”











Arnav was having tears in his eyes and not even the heavy rain or the chill was least bothering him now, his heart a bigger mess right now. He was continuously dribbling the ball and tears streaming down his face as Lavanya’s words rang in his ears breaking his heart in pieces more than he ever thought was possible. He threw the ball in anger and slides down against the wall a ran his fingers through his hair, completely frustrated from the events of his life from the time he came back after the accident escaping death and right now dying seem a better option.









He muttered to himself frustrated: “Nobody is there for me when I need them; everyone left me alone when I need them the most. I’m such a pathetic lonely person! A complete Looser! Why I don’t have anyone?!” and fresh tears run down mingling with the rain and he was just looking towards the sky as if some answers would be given from there.










His musing was broken when he heard someone calling him: “ARNAV!”










When he saw it was Khushi there looking towards him with filled with pain eyes, yes it was Khushi who heard the conversation between Arnav and Lavanya. She followed after him but seeing him shattered broke her heart, like someone has stabbed knife deep inside her heart. Though she didn't let anyone knows about her feelings towards him knowing he loves Lavanya but that didn’t change the fact she loves him… that she can't see him hurt because seeing him in pieces hurts her.








She moves towards him asked concerned: “Arnav, are you alright?”







Arnav turned her way to see her coming towards him but he got pissed off her question, shouted at him: “What are you doing here?! Just leave me alone, nobody needs me here… Everybody left me, so you don’t need to bother faking concern… Just go away!” and she stood staring at him with wide innocent eyes which made him angrier. He grabbed her shoulders in painful grip and shook her, “Didn’t you hear me, I said leave! Why can’t you stop bothering me, I don’t have anyone...everyone left me when I needed them.” then broke down as he slides down on his knees and hugging her waist.  











Despite the she pouring rain and being soaking wet; she could feel his tears which in return broke her heart as she wrapped her arms around his head cuddling him like baby. He felt her embrace him and couldn’t hold himself from pouring his heart, “Why did everyone leave me…? None of my friends are here to support me but I’ve always been there to back them up. Is it wrong that I expected them to be here for me, is it too much to ask…? After that accident when I was fighting for my life, I hoped somewhere that maybe they would be looking for me but none bothered. They just shove me in the back and moved on in their lives as if I never existed or been part of their lives. Khushi, you don’t know about my past… you don’t know how much I loved Lavanya or how much I changed myself for her and yet she tossed me out of life like I’m nothing. It took so many efforts to get acceptance from her family for our relations but I did everything and today she so easily said that it was nothing. She didn’t wait for me instead married; didn’t she ever trust my love…? That I would have fought the world for her…? Why is it happening to me…? Why the person I loved so much tossed me out so easily…? She wants me to leave… is this you get for loving someone…? Heartbreaks and heartaches…?” crying in Khushi’s arms, who was sitting quietly listening to him hug him tightly and hold him in her arms and trying to calm him down.









Khushi pulled back a little to look at his face and said: “Arnav, I know about all your past…” and stared her confused but she continues, “Yes, I know everything… I know I shouldn’t have and it was wrong but I found it by accident and then I can’t myself from reading it…” looking slightly guilty while he was confused, she elaborated, “I read your diary that you wrote for Lavanya and left it on her cabin table but instead of her, I found it… I know you loved her a lot but maybe Lavanya wasn’t meant for you… maybe life has stored something more beautiful and stronger for you ahead. Not everything we want in life; do we get to have but that doesn’t mean you drown yourself in misery… that you stop living in present. Life is never perfect, in fact most of the time it is totally unfair but that shouldn’t let us stop seeking happiness for ourselves… Maybe it means destiny has better plans for you… I can’t tell why you and Lavanya fell in love, if you weren’t meant to be but this was supposed to happen this way, maybe for you to become a stronger and better person. They say, matches are made in heaven, so maybe Lavanya wasn’t your ‘The One’… She was a passing cloud in your life but you would find your bright sun who is meant to shine your world, you just need to pick up yourself to find that ‘The One’ of yours…”








He interrupted her, saying: “But I loved her so much, gave everything yet she chose her marriage over me…” his tone sad and bitter.








She replied patiently: “Then it was different, now she is bound to Samar… Married to him, he is her husband and she couldn’t just leave him like that. And maybe she has decided to move on in her life also with him… She is happy with her husband now and it is time for you to also move on too Arnav… it is only right, let her go… let yourself to move forward leaving this behind…” more like pleading to him.








He sighed said in sad tone: “No one is there for me, to help me move on as it seems all my friends have abandoned me… I’ve no one to turn to for help or support anymore.” feeling depressed as loneliness gripped his inside.








She cupped his face and kissed his forehead than held his hands, said: “I’m there for you and you can always count on me… just try standing again, promise I won’t let you fall. Start a fresh, be that happy Arnav Singh Raizada again and I won’t let you get lost, I will always be there holding your hand. Trust me once Arnie and I won’t fail you, I won’t let you go. I’ll be your best friend, your guide, your hope, your light… I will be your happiness, just give me a chance to be that for you…” looking at him in the eyes with support asking him to trust her.








Both were drench in rain and shivering in cold but at the moment they both didn’t care about anything except the moment between them. For the first time in a long time, he felt hope in her eyes, asked: “Promise?” like a cute five years old kid looking at his mother for assurance.







Khushi smiled seeing his innocent face and hopeful eyes, gripped his hand tighter replied: “Promise, cross my heart and hope to die…”








Arnav looked at her with desperate eyes: “Happiness please take me away from here, I can’t live here anymore… be in this place, this city anymore. I want to leave and go far away from this place, the memories and everything here… Please take me away, you have to take me away from his place, these memories, these people, everything…” he pleaded her.













She couldn’t deny his request and promised him that they'll resign from GK Construction and leave Delhi… in fact leave India as soon as possible as they both got up and decided it was high time they move out of rain. Khushi took Arnav to his home and since they were neighbours after changing, she went back at his place and along with him typed their resignation letters along with a check-draft attached as they both won’t be serving 60 days period. She mailed Epsitha ma’am along with requesting not to tell anyone and their letters got accepted as they went packing and making arrangements for leaving India next day itself.














....














On the other hand, Lavanya was also heartbroken after saying all those things to Arnav but still moved to board room for her video conference resuming work but her mind was somewhere else, thinking about her decision. Samar had tried to talk to her seeing that she was disturbed but she manages to escape saying just tired due to work.







Next day all were in conference room meeting held discussing about an important tender with the full team present. Lavanya was still disturbed and distracted, Samar looked at her worriedly though tried concentrating on the meeting but couldn’t while Akash and Payal were focused on Epsitha ma’am details about the project. Aman and NK almost dosed off bored out of skull with Anjali seriously noting down the points while the only people missing were Arnav and Khushi but no one has dared to ask seeing the meeting started without them, not aware their resignation yet.








Epsitha finished the presentation with last point, says in her usual serious tone: “Well that's all and hopefully no one has any doubts.” looking at everyone once than continued, “Good moving on, Akash and NK I want you guys to work on the assignments which were being handled by Mr. Raizada and Ms. Ahlawat, I’ll hand over the files to you both.” which had everyone look curious and confused, she broke the news, “Arnav and Khushi had given their resignation letters yesterday which had been approved, so they are not working in G.K. Construction anymore.”










The news of Arnav’s sudden departure was shocking for all as they had no idea about it and neither had he contacted any of them before leaving or consult about his decision. Few were curious and confused with Khushi’s resignation too but that was easily forgotten by the news of Arnav’s leaving as she was still rather a newcomer to be missed by anyone.














....












All work finished their respective works which didn’t give them much time during their busy day but after work the friends had tried calling Arnav but was of no use. The they all together had gone to his flat also but found it locked and a neighbour told them that the resident has left few hours ago for airport, that he was leaving the country. Hearing this they all were said and since he had left hours ago, most likely his flight has also taken off by now and thus everyone left for their respective homes with heavy hearts.








Samar and Lavanya came home as soon as the car stopped after entering the gates, she got down and ran inside the house without saying a word while he followed her inside worried. He found Lavanya sitting on their bedroom floor hugging her knees and tears flowing from her eyes and moved towards her.








Samar went to her crouched down beside her, asked concerned: “Lavanya kya hua, why are you crying? Lav tells me what happened?”







Lavanya went crying hysterically: “He left because of me, I hurt him Samar! He left me Samar he just left…” repeating again and again as went on crying.














Samar tried to console her but she kept crying and hugged him tight suddenly though he was taken back but hugged her back and kissed on her head to make her stop crying and kept pacifying her. After sometime she was only sobbing and slowly they also subsided he moved close towards her as this proximity was making her daze and he kissed her on her head again and then slowly move downwards and kissed her on her hear and then slowly moving down kissed her near jaw line and then down on her shoulder. Lavanya was also in daze she was thinking about Arnav all the time and she saw the flashes Arnav touching her and kissing her, she instantly pushed Samar back and adjusted her dress which slide down her shoulder as Samar kissed her there.









Lavanya looked down and said awkwardly in low voice: “I’m really sorry Samar I’m not ready for it yet I’m sorry.”








Samar gave her an assuring smile said: “It's OK Lavanya I understand you don't have to feel guilty and I'll never forced you.” with that she nodded her head and move towards her room and Samar remain seated there thinking will their relationship will work will this marriage work or not, and leaving everything on fate for now left the room.














“Dar dar phire aake
Yaar nazar kithon aave
Ke uss nu bataave
Ki hunda pyaar…”

No comments:

Post a Comment